The CISRS 3-Day Basic Scaffold Inspection Course is designed for individuals tasked with conducting mandatory scaffold inspections on basic scaffold structures in accordance with the Working at Height Regulations of 2005.
Roles of those needing to attend the course include but are not limited to:
- Contracts Manager
- Scaffold Designer
- Site Agent/Manager
- Health & Safety Manager
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Inspector
- Scaffolding Inspector (who has previously completed a non-CISRS Scaffold Inspection course at least two years before the commencement of the CISRS Basic SITS course.)
To enrol in this course, CISRS requires participants to possess an understanding of and experience with scaffold structures. Eligibility for the course is determined by meeting one of the following criteria:
- Current CISRS Credentials: Individuals with a valid CISRS Scaffolder, Advanced, or Supervisor Card.
- Expired CISRS Basic Inspection Card: Participants holding an expired CISRS Basic Inspection card may attend this course to renew their card.
- Non-CISRS Cardholders: For those without an eligible CISRS card, as mentioned above, attendance is possible by submitting a Delegate Entry Check Form endorsed by their employer. This form should confirm a minimum of two years of awareness and experience working with scaffolding structures in their industry role.
Delegates completing a CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection training course will be able to;
- Inspect and correctly identify tubes, boards, ladders, gin wheels, ropes and fittings.
- Determine the construction requirements common to all scaffolds, which include foundations, scaffold framework, TG20 compliant scaffold and permissible additions, work platforms, handrails, toeboards, safe access and egress.
- Carry out inspections and identify faulty scaffolds.
- Complete and maintain reports following current regulations.
- Be aware of the main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Work at Heights Regulations 2005 and codes of practice relating to scaffolding.
A CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection training course includes:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice (ACoPs).
- Scaffold terminology
- Scaffold materials
- Means of access
- Raising and lowering materials
- Scaffold ties
- Industry performance standards
- Design appreciation
- TG20 erection tolerances
- TG20 compliance sheets
- Role of an inspector
- Practical inspection
This will enable career progression and a greater knowledge of scaffolding for those who require it.
Safety and Access regularly run the Basic Scaffold Inspection course at purpose-built training facilities in London, Nottingham and Humberside. To find further details including dates and prices, visit the website or call our helpful team on 0115 979 4523.