Delegates to have some awareness and experience of scaffolding structures, which would have come from their time in their individual industry sector e.g. construction, engineering, manufacturing, or offshore etc.
Each candidate must supply prior to the course one of the following, these must have been taken within the last 2 years, if these are not provided then the delegates will not be allowed to attend
- CITB -Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment Test
- IOSH Working Safely/IOSH Managing Safely/IOSH Directing Safely
- FAS Safe Pass
- NEBOSH (General/Construction/International/) H&S Certificate
- SMSTS Certificate or SSSTS Certificate
- Current CCNSG Safety Passport (SCATS)
- Current CCNSG Safety Passport Supervisor (SCATS)
- Current MIST/BOSIET/OPITO Approved Offshore Certificate
- Delegates to bring hardhat and boots to course for practical elements
- Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Individuals not holding an eligible CISRS card detailed above wishing to attend the course will be required to submit a CV and or/certificates, together with a letter from an employer confirming their awareness and experience of scaffolding structures gained via their role within industry and confirmation that the delegate has had a minimum of 2 years of experience in this role.
Examples of acceptable roles are:
- Scaffold Designer
- Contracts Manager
- Site Agent/Manager
- H&S Manager
- HSE Inspector
- Scaffolding Inspector who has previously attended a non CISRS Scaffold Inspection/Awareness course at least 2 years before the start of the CISRS Basic SITS course.