An apprenticeship can combine hands on learning at one of our training centres with on-site experience to give learners the right mix of technical and practical skills
Who is it for?
Motivated people who wish to start a career in the scaffolding industry. Apprentices should have a good head for heights, the ability to handle equipment and components and have a highly developed sense of responsibility.
The apprenticeship is fully funded for employees age 16-18 and part funded for employees 19+ with an employer’s expedited contribution toward their training.
The apprentice will gain qualifications/certification in:
- 11 Weeks Training within our Centres at Nottingham or Humbersideside over a minimum period of 12 months.
- Level 2 Construction Diploma in Scaffolding
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Accessing and Rigging Occupations – Scaffolding
- The Construction Industry Scaffolders’ Record Scheme (CISRS) Scaffolders’ Registration Card
- Level 1 Functional Skills within English & Maths.
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- 1 Day First Aid
- ½ Day Fire Awareness
- SG6:10 Manual Handling in the scaffolding Industry
- PASMA – Towers for Users
The benefits of taking on an apprentice
There has never been a better time to offer apprenticeships, with one in five employers hiring more apprentices to help them through the current economic climate.
You will be getting a keen, motivated member of staff that wants to learn and help your business to grow. In fact, 80% of employers say apprentices have made their workplace more productive.
Apprenticeship training is developed in consultation with the industry, meaning an apprentice will learn the right skills for the job.
We aim to make taking on an apprentice as easy as possible by funding their training with a grant of up to £6,000.00 (available to eligible employers registered with CITB).
Employers in England may also be able to claim £1,500 from the National Apprenticeship Service if they have not recruited an apprentice in the last 12 months.
The Apprenticeship Grant for Employers is available in addition to any grants from us to help pay your apprentice’s wages.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on the following: