Position: Safety Adviser / Scaffold Inspector
Location: West or East Midlands
Salary: Depending on qualifications and experience
Safety & Access are a successful and rapidly expanding access and training provider consultancy in its 25th years of business with locations in the UK and across the globe.
As a result of the Company’s rapid and continuing growth, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Safety Adviser / Scaffold Inspector to join our team.
The main responsibilities of this role will include (but are not exhaustive of:
- Inspecting on-site scaffolding structures across numerous sites
- Producing inspection reports
- Producing statutory reports for clients
- The production of electronic and written audit reports
- Ensuring legal compliance on behalf of the Company and clients with regards to scaffolding practice and statutory reports
- Providing results of audit and inspection findings verbally and in writing and offering recommendations where applicable.
- Auditing of clients sites and scaffolding structures to ensure compliance to legal and best industry practice.
- Ensuring legal compliance in all respects with regard to latest regulations
- Ensuring best practices is adhered to and that any non-conformity is identified.
This role will be a very busy role which requires the successful candidate to be flexible and adaptable in their approach to workload, highly organised with excellent time management skills, effective communication and influential skills at all levels, excellent IT skills and a positive attitude.
The successful applicant will have:
- CISRS Advanced Scaffolder Card
- Recognised H&S Qualification. (IOSH/NEBOSH etc)
- At least 5 years’ experience as a leading hand or in a supervisory role.
- Computer literate – in particular MS Word,
- Working knowledge of current scaffolding safety standards and best practice
- Problem solving, leadership, influencing and effective communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to adapt an approach to meet the client’s needs
- Previous experience of working in an audit/inspector capacity
- CISRS Inspection Card (Basic or Advanced)
- NEBOSH Certificate or higher safety qualification (desirable but not essential)
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same, you have an eye for detail, have excellent interpersonal skills, enjoy a challenge, and want to progress and grow with Safety & Access then we would love to hear from you.